Sunday, August 30, 2099

Welcome to Language Cake!

Language Color Code: English, Spanish, Chilean, Turkish, Indonesian

I am a Spanish major, English teacher, and self-described language nerd* who loves all things linguistic. Since no one around me seems quite as interested in language idiosyncrasies as yours truly, I created this blog as a space to share fun facts and things that I find interesting about language in general as well as specific languages.

I will also be asking language questions, so hopefully you fellow language nerds who are reading this blog for the pure joy and fun of language facts will also be able to help me answer them!

Thanks for stopping by - enjoy!

*nerdpastel in Chilean slang = cake in literal English -- see what I did there?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DISCLAIMER:  There is a difference between language expert and language lover -- I am the latter but certainly do not claim to be the former.  Therefore, please forgive (and correct!) the (probably not-so-) occasional grammar or spelling error, not only in my prose but also regarding inaccurate or incomplete explanations of language points.

If you do find a mistake or inconsistency, or just something that inspires you to comment, please do!  I love comments!  PLEASE, show me what I am missing, tell me that I am brilliant, or start a discussion about language in the comments!  It will make my day.  :)

4 comments:

  1. Acho interessante a ideia. Espero poder te-ajudar com as línguas que eu falo com exemplos e similitudes entre elas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Es interesante pensar en ese juego de palabras. Me recordó que recientemente un puertorriqueño me dijo la expresión "a calzón quitao". Literalmente en ingles significa "without pants on". En Puerto Rico, esa expresión la utilizamos para decir que alguien habla con franca honestidad ("being bluntly honest"). Muy interesante!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for your commet Cynthia :)

    ReplyDelete